Advertisement

Couch in Portland Oregon

topic posted Sun, October 30, 2005 - 7:07 PM by  Jennifer
Share/Save/Bookmark
Hi there.

I am considering moving to Portland and wondered if there was a couch to surf while checking the city out sometime soon or in the Spring? I am a 30 something female wanting to start a new life exploring a place I have always wanted to live in... my mantra these days is "why not?"

thanks for responding if you have a couch or advice about moving to this area.

take care
posted by:
Jennifer
Massachusetts
Advertisement
  • Re: Couch in Portland Oregon

Wed, December 21, 2005 - 7:19 AM
    I live in a self-proclaimed sorority house in SE Portland. We always have a couch for the adventurous. I'll be out of town a bit this spring so there might even be a room available. our house is not a quiet place it is a social place that enjoys quiet moments. let me know if you are interested if not you can always drop by on a wednesday night for our open dinner to meet a small group of fun portland people.

Sun, December 25, 2005 - 12:24 PM
      Is this offer open toothers?
      I am a dancer/teacher who comes to Portland at tiems to take yoga and dance classes.
      PS I tried couchsurf.com... it did nto work!

Tue, January 3, 2006 - 4:05 PM
        Hey I couldn't help but see that couchsurf.com didn't work... well the correct site is couchsurfing.com and it will most certainly work and help you with your travels!! Just letting you know!

Wed, January 4, 2006 - 8:38 PM
    you can also go in my profile on tribe, look for my friend Andrew - I surfed his couch and had tons of fun, I even stayed an extra 3 days!!! His roommate is the sweetest puppy and Andrew is also on www.couchsurfing.com (I think his username is GOATBOY)...

Enjoy Portland! It's a great city!

Thu, January 12, 2006 - 12:18 PM
      thanks for that sweet offer

I ended up going to Breitenbush and getting maximally rained on...

couchsurfing.com

has not always worked for me. It gave me my own address for Portland and Ilive 150 miles away!!
  • Unsu...

Re: Couch in Portland Oregon

Sat, October 9, 2010 - 7:47 PM
    I plan on the same thing. I currently live in alabama. I want to live without money and find a nice place to live. So right now I'm working on a better job and gather supplies like a backpack and fill the bastard up:) I bet I can meet some interesting people in oregon. O' I want to do this.